Chemical treatment is required in certain applications and is an alternative to Ultraviolet (UV) light treatment. Chlorine dioxide is a powerful oxidising agent and biocide that is 100 – 1000 times more effective at removing and preventing biofilm than chlorine.

Chlorine dioxide provides residual disinfection, is less corrosive than Chlorine and is therefore approved by the EPA for drinking water disinfection. Water disinfection Chlorine dioxide has a broad-spectrum efficacy against: bacteria, fungi, algae, viruses and protozoa.

Chlorine Dioxide is more effective than chlorine dosing because it is far less corrosive on water systems, it is more effective at low levels, is not sensitive to system pH, adds no taste or taint and unlike chlorine does not form THMs (Trihalomethanes) which can be very harmful.

Applicable markets for Chlorine dioxide (ClO2):

  • Agriculture
  • Drinking water
  • Waste water discharge
  • Food & beverage
  • Chemical industry
  • Mining

Back to Water Solutions info or Leave your details and we’ll call you to tell you more